Home / Headline / 뉴욕타임스, 블랙리스트 폭로는 문체부 직원들의 공로

뉴욕타임스, 블랙리스트 폭로는 문체부 직원들의 공로

뉴욕타임스, 블랙리스트 폭로는 문체부 직원들의 공로
– 진보적 인사 탄압하라는 청와대 지시에 “모욕감” “부끄러움” 느껴
– 데이터 삭제 지시 반대로 이행, 모두 저장해 특검에 넘겨
– 유진룡 전 문체부 장관, 박근혜 대통령에게 진보적 예술인 탄압 말라 경고

블랙리스트 작성에 관여한 혐의로 김기춘 박근혜 대통령 전 비서실장과 두 전 문체부 장관이 구속된 가운데 뉴욕타임스는 23일 유진룡 전 문체부 장관의 예술인 블랙리스트 관련 폭로 소식을 보도했다.

기사는 진보적인 예술가들을 지원하지 말라는 지시가 청와대로부터 내려왔을 때 많은 문체부 직원들이 “모욕감”과 “부끄러움”을 느꼈으며 수면 위로 드러난 청와대의 예술인 블랙리스트 폭로는 문체부 직원들의 공로 때문이라고 유 전 장관은 말했다고 전했다.

유 전 장관은 문체부 직원들이 시키는 대로 하라는 말을 들었으며 “그들은 양심에 반해 행동해야 했다”고 폭로했으며 최근 블랙리스트 작성 혐의가 드러나자 이들은 데이터를 삭제하라는 지시에도 불구하고 이를 모아서 저장했다고 덧붙였다.

뉴욕타임스는 유 전 장관은 블랙리스트에 관해 반대 목소리를 낸 첫 번째 고위급 관리로 박 대통령에게 비우호적인 문화계 인사들을 차별하지 말라고 경고했으나 훗날 김기춘 전 비서실장으로부터 이들을 탄압하라는 지시를 받았다고 폭로했다.

기사는 “그들은 정부를 비판하는 사람들을 좌파라는 프레임에 넣어 국가 예산과 자원을 이용해 조직적으로 학대했다”는 유 전 장관의 말을 전하며 마무리했다.

다음은 뉴스프로가 번역한 뉴욕타임스 기사 전문이다.

번역 감수 : 임옥

기사 바로가기 ☞ http://nyti.ms/2klk4vj

South Korean Minister Credits Junior Officials With Exposing Artist Blacklist

문체부 장관, 예술인 블랙리스트 폭로는 문체부 직원들의 공로

By CHOE SANG-HUN
JAN. 23, 2017

Yoo Jin-ryong, a former culture minister, said on Monday that many rank-and-file officials felt “abused” and “humiliated” when President Park Geun-hye’s office ordered them not to fund artists deemed hostile. Credit Park Se-yeon/News1, via Reuters
유진룡 전 문체부 장관은 적대적이라 여기는 예술가들을 지원하지 말라는 지시를 청와대가 내렸을 때 많은 일반 직원들이 “모욕적”이고 “부끄럽게” 느꼈다고 월요일 말했다.

SEOUL, South Korea — Junior officials worked behind the scenes to help expose a blacklist of thousands of artists who were considered unfriendly to President Park Geun-hye of South Korea and were excluded from various government support programs, a former cabinet minister said on Monday.

한국 서울 – 한국의 박근혜 대통령에게 우호적이지 않은 것으로 평가된, 그리고 여러 정부 지원 프로그램에서 배제된 수천 명의 예술가들의 블랙리스트를 폭로하기 위해 부하 직원들이 은밀하게 작업을 했다고 전 장관이 월요일 말했다.

Ms. Park’s former chief of staff and two of her former culture ministers have been arrested on charges that they were involved in drawing up the blacklist, an element of the corruption scandal that prompted the National Assembly to vote to impeach Ms. Park last month.

박 대통령의 전 비서실장과 두 명의 전 문체부 장관은 지난달 국회의 박 대통령 탄핵 가결을 불러온 부패 스캔들의 일부 원인이 되었던 블랙리스트 작성에 관여한 혐의로 구속됐다.

Yoo Jin-ryong, who served as a culture minister under Ms. Park, said at a news conference on Monday that rank-and-file officials at the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism felt “abused” and “humiliated” when Ms. Park’s office ordered them to exclude artists, writers and entertainers considered hostile to the president from government aid programs.

박근혜 정권에서 문체부 장관을 지낸 유진룡 씨는 월요일 기자회견에서 문화체육관광부 직원들이 청와대로부터 대통령에 적대적으로 여겨지는 예술인, 작가, 연예인들을 정부 지원 프로그램에서 배제시키라는 지시를 받았을 때 “모욕적”이고 “부끄럽게” 느꼈다고 말했다.

“They were openly told, ‘Don’t think. We make the decision. Just do as you are told,’” Mr. Yoo said, referring to the interactions between ministry officials and the office. “They had to do things against their conscience.”

“그들은 공공연하게 ‘생각하지 마라. 우리가 결정을 내린다. 당신들은 그저 지시받은 대로 하라'”는 말을 들었다고 유 씨는 문체부 직원들과 문체부 사이에 오간 대화를 가리키며 말했다. “그들은 양심에 반해 행동해야 했다.”

When allegations of a blacklist surfaced in recent weeks, those officials provided crucial evidence that helped a special prosecutor arrest Kim Ki-choon, Ms. Park’s former chief of staff, and Cho Yoon-sun and Kim Jong-deok, two of her former culture ministers, this month, Mr. Yoo said.

최근 몇 주에 걸쳐 블랙리스트 혐의가 드러나자 바로 이들 직원들은 특검이 이번 달 박 대통령의 전 청와대 비서실장 김기춘과 두 전 문체부 장관 조윤선과 김종덕을 구속하도록 도운 결정적인 증거를 제공했다고 유 전 장관은 말했다.

“They were told to destroy the data, but they collected and saved it,” he said, adding that he received the documents from the officials and passed them on to the special prosecutor.

“데이터를 삭제하라는 지시를 받았지만, 그들은 이를 모아서 저장했다”고 그는 말하며 이 서류를 직원들로부터 전달받아 특검에 제출했다고 덧붙였다.

On Monday, the ministry issued an apology, saying that it was “miserable and humiliated” over its involvement in blacklisting artists, a practice past military dictators, including Ms. Park’s father, Park Chung-hee, had once used to crack down on dissidents.

월요일 문체부는 과거 박 대통령의 아버지 박정희를 포함해 과거 군부독재자들이 반대파들을 단속하기 위해 사용한 관행이었던 예술가 블랙리스트 작성에 연루된 것에 대해 “참담하고 부끄럽다”는 사과문을 발표했다.

Investigators have not released a formal blacklist. But by 2015, it reportedly covered close to 10,000 people, including many leading movie directors, novelists and poets, such as Han Kang, the winner of the Man Booker International Prize in 2016, and Park Chan-wook, the director of the film “Oldboy.”

특검은 공식적인 블랙리스트를 공개하지 않았다. 그러나 2015년까지 블랙리스트에는 국제 맨부커상을 수상한 한강 작가와 영화 “올드보이”의 박찬욱 감독을 포함한 많은 유명 영화감독들과 소설가들 및 시인들 10,000명에 가까운 인물들이 포함되었다고 보도됐다.

Kim Ki-choon, 77, was accused of ordering presidential aides and the Culture Ministry to draw up a blacklist when he served as Ms. Park’s chief of staff from 2013 to 2015. The two former culture ministers under arrest worked on the list with Mr. Kim, the special prosecutor said.

김기춘(77세)은 2013년에서 2015년 사이 박 대통령의 비서실장으로 재직할 당시 블랙리스트를 작성하도록 대통령 보좌진들과 문체부에 지시한 혐의를 받고 있다. 구속된 두 명의 전 문체부 장관들도 김기춘과 그 목록을 함께 작성했다고 특별검사측은 발표했다.

Mr. Yoo is the first former high-ranking official to speak out against Ms. Park’s government over the blacklist. He has said in interviews with the news media that he first saw an early version in June 2014 that included the names of hundreds of artists. He also said that shortly before he was replaced the next month, he personally warned Ms. Park not to discriminate against cultural figures deemed unfriendly to the president.

유진룡 전 장관은 이 블랙리스트에 관해 박근혜 정부에 반대 목소리를 낸 첫 번째 고위급 관리이다. 유 전 장관은 언론과의 인터뷰에서 수백 명의 예술인들의 이름이 기록된 초기 블랙리스트를 2014년 6월에 처음 봤다고 말했다. 또한 자신이 다음 달 면직되기 얼마 전, 박 대통령에게 비우호적으로 보이는 문화계 인사들을 차별하지 말라고 개인적으로 박 대통령에게 경고했다고 그는 말했다.

On Monday, Mr. Yoo said that when he was culture minister, he was personally told by Mr. Kim, Ms. Park’s former chief of staff, to take actions against those artists.

월요일 유 전 장관은 문체부 장관으로 재직했을 당시 박 대통령의 전 비서실장인 김기춘으로부터 이들 예술인들을 탄압하라는 지시를 사적으로 받았다고 말했다.

“They used state budgets and resources to systematically abuse the people who criticized the government by framing them as leftists,” Mr. Yoo said.

유 전 장관은 “그들은 정부를 비판하는 사람들을 좌파라는 프레임에 넣어 국가 예산과 자원을 이용해 조직적으로 학대했다”고 말했다.

Mr. Yoo spoke to reporters on Monday before appearing as a witness to the special prosecutor who is investigating the charges against Ms. Park. The president’s lawyer, Hwang Seong-wook, has denied her involvement.

유 전 장관은 월요일 박 대통령에 대한 혐의들을 수사 중인 특검에 증인으로 출석하기에 앞서 기자들에게 말했다. 황성욱 박 대통령 대리인은 박 대통령이 연관된 사실을 부인했다.

Ms. Park’s presidential powers have been suspended since last month, when the National Assembly voted to impeach her on charges of corruption and abuse of power. The Constitutional Court will decide in the coming months whether to end her presidency or reinstate her.

박 대통령의 권한은 국회가 부패 및 권력 남용 혐의로 탄핵소추안을 가결한 지난달 이후 정지된 상태이다. 헌법재판소는 박 대통령의 대통령직을 끝낼 것인지 아니면 그 직위를 복귀시킬 것인지 다음 몇 달에 걸쳐 결정하게 될 것이다.

[번역 저작권자: 뉴스프로, 번역 기사 전문 혹은 부분을 인용하실 때에는 반드시 출처를 밝혀 주십시오.]

Facebook Comments
박근혜 구속, 이제 우병우, 안봉근, 이재만, 정윤회, 이영선, 윤전추, 정동춘, 그리고 정유라를 구속하라!

About 편집부

One comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*