Home / Headline / 로이터’ 개성공단 현금, 북한 무기 프로그램 지원 증거없어

로이터’ 개성공단 현금, 북한 무기 프로그램 지원 증거없어

로이터’ 개성공단 현금, 북한 무기 프로그램 지원 증거없어

– 통일부 정책혁신위 발표, 박근혜 정부 주장과 정반대
– 개성공단 프로젝트, 2000년 첫 남북정상회담의 결실
– 문대통령, 북한 비핵화 진전되면 산업단지 재개 약속

한국의 통일부 정책혁신위원회는 개성공단의 한국 기업이 북한 노동자들에게 지급한 임금이 북한 무기프로그램에 자금제공의 목적으로 전용됐다는 증거는 없다고 밝혔다.

작년 박근혜 정부는 북한의 장거리 미사일 발사에 대한 대응으로 개성공단을 폐쇄하면서, 개성공단으로 유입된 상당한 양의 현금이 북한의 핵 미사일 프로그램에 전용되었다는 주장을 내놓았다.

위원회를 이끄는 김종수 신부는 기자회견에서, “당시 청와대는 임금 전용 논쟁을 주요 근거로 삼았지만 구체적인 정보, 충분한 증거 및 관련 기관들과의 대화 없이 객관성과 신뢰성이 떨어지는 탈북자들의 증언들을 주로 인용했다” 면서 “이것은 결정의 합법성을 손상시키고, 향후 개성공단 재가동에 대한 우리의 근거를 제약할 수 있으며, 성급한 철수 과정 때문에 자산을 보호할 공단 기업들의 권리를 침해한다.” 고 밝혔다.

약 120여개의 한국기업들은 개성공단에 고용된 5만 5천명의 근로자 각각에게 북한의 한달 최저임금인 70달러의 2배를 지불했다.

개성공단 프로젝트는 남북한 정상들이 화해와 협력을 약속한 2000년 첫 남북 정상회담의 결과였으며 문 대통령은 북한의 비핵화가 진전되면 산업단지를 재개하겠다고 약속했다. (글, 박수희)

다음은 뉴스프로가 번역한 로이터 통신 기사 전문이다.

번역 감수 : 임옥

기사 바로가기 : http://reut.rs/2DnY5NO

No proof Kaesong cash funded North Korea arms programs: South Korea expert panel

한국 정책혁신위원회, 개성공단 현금이 북한 무기 프로그램을 지원했다는 증거 없다

Hyonhee Shin

SEOUL (Reuters) – There was no evidence North Korea diverted wages paid to its workers by South Korean firms in a now-closed border industrial park to bankroll its weapons programs, an expert panel appointed by Seoul’s Ministry of Unification said on Thursday.

서울(로이터) – 목요일 한국 통일부 정책혁신위원회는 현재 폐쇄된 국경 산업단지의 한국 기업들이 북한 노동자들에게 지급한 임금을 북한이 무기 프로그램에 자금을 제공하기 위한 목적으로 전용했다는 증거는 없다고 밝혔다.

The inter-Korean Kaesong Industrial Complex is seen across the demilitarised zone (DMZ) separating North Korea from South Korea in this picture taken from Dora observatory in Paju, 55 km (34 miles) north of Seoul, September 25, 2013. REUTERS/Lee Jae-Won

2013년 9월 25일 서울 북부 55km지점, 파주 도라 전망대에서 찍힌 이 사진에서 남북 개성산업단지가 북한과 남한을 가르는 비무장지대 너머로 보인다.

The investigation by the panel reversed the contention by the previous South Korean government that most of the cash that flowed into the jointly run Kaesong complex was diverted to North Korea’s nuclear and missile programs.

혁신위의 조사 결과는 공동 운영되던 개성공단으로 유입된 상당한 양의 현금이 북한의 핵과 미사일 프로그램에 전용되었다는 이전 한국 정부의 주장과는 정반대였다.

South Korea laid the claim when it pulled out of the joint venture in response to the North’s launch of a long-range missile last year.

한국은 지난해 북한의 장거리 미사일 발사에 대한 대응으로 개성공단을 폐쇄하며 그러한 주장을 내놓았다.

But in July, two months after liberal President Moon Jae-in was elected, a South Korean government official said there was no hard evidence to back up the assertion.

그러나 진보성향의 문재인 대통령이 당선된 두 달 후인 7월 한 한국 정부 관계자가 그러한 주장을 뒷받침할 아무런 증거가 없다고 말했다.

About 120 South Korean companies paid about double the $70 a month minimum wage in North Korea for each of the 55,000 workers hired in Kaesong.

약 120여 개의 한국 기업들은 개성공단에 고용된 5만 5,000명의 근로자 각각에게 북한의 한달 최저임금인 70달러의 두 배를 지불했다.

The project resulted from the first inter-Korean summit meeting in 2000, when leaders of the two Koreas vowed reconciliation and cooperation.

개성공단 프로젝트는 남북한 정상들이 화해와 협력을 약속한 2000년 첫 남북 정상회담의 결과였다.

Until its closure last year, it was the last remaining symbol of inter-Korean rapprochement amid frosty cross-border ties.

개성공단은 작년 폐쇄될 때까지 싸늘해진 양국 관계에서 남북한 친교의 마지막 남은 상징이었다.

The decision to suspend the Kaesong project was “unilaterally and verbally” made by Moon’s predecessor one day after the missile test, without any formal discussions within the administration, the panel said.

개성프로젝트 중단 결정은 북한의 미사일 실험 다음 날 박근혜 정부 내부의 아무런 공식적 토론도 없이 문 대통령의 전임자에 의해 “일방적이고 구두로” 이루어졌다고 혁신위는 밝혔다.

“The presidential office inserted the wage-diversion argument as major grounds, yet without concrete information, sufficient evidence and consultations with related agencies, mainly citing defector testimonies that lack objectivity and credibility,” Kim Jong-soo, a priest who heads the panel, told a news conference.

“당시 청와대는 임금 전용 논쟁을 주요 근거로 삼았지만, 구체적인 정보, 충분한 증거 및 관련 기관들과의 대화 없이, 객관성과 신뢰성이 떨어지는 탈북자들의 증언들을 주로 인용했다”고 위원회를 이끄는 위원장 김종수 신부가 기자회견에서 밝혔다.

“This impairs the decision’s legitimacy and could constrain our ground over a future restart of the complex, while hampering the companies’ rights to protect their assets due to the hasty pullout process.”

“이것은 결정의 합법성을 손상시키고, 향후 개성공단 재가동에 대한 우리의 근거를 제약할 수 있으며, 성급한 철수 과정 때문에 자산을 보호할 공단 기업들의 권리를 침해한다.”

Moon has pledged to reopen the industrial park if there is progress on the North’s denuclearization, but political tensions and Pyongyang’s aloofness have tied the president’s hands.

문 대통령은 북한의 비핵화가 진전되면 산업단지를 재개하겠다고 약속했지만 정치적 긴장과 북한의 무관심이 문 대통령의 손을 묶어 놓고 있다.

Reporting by Hyonhee Shin; Editing by Richard Pullin

[번역 저작권자 : 번역 기사 전문 혹은 일부를 인용하실 때에는 출처를 반드시 밝혀 주십시오.]

 

소셜 댓글
뉴스프로 후원하기

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

x

Check Also

“북한에 대한 무지가 한반도 평화정착의 걸림돌”

“북한에 대한 무지가 한반도 평화정착의 걸림돌” – 김진향 개성공업지구지원재단 이사장 순회 강연회 유럽 5개 도시에서 ...